Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Walk 2: Metro Walk

I didn't have my camera with me when we did this one but, I've got to say, if this entry is boring, it only reflects the nature of the walk. Maybe I'm unappreciative (in fact I know I am), but I just didn't care about the history of the metro. It's there. I use it. Daily. That's all I need to know, right? That, and how to read this map:


It's really not as bad as it looks. It took maybe a week and a half before I was comfortable reading it, another week before I was brave enough to leave home without it, and it's just been within the last month that I have parts of it memorized, and could tell you that if you're by the Eiffel Tower and want to get to the Opera Bastille, you should hope on the 8 at Ecole Militaire, going toward Creteil, switch to the 1 toward Chateau de Vincennes at Concorde, and ride it to Bastille. It's fewer stops than taking the 8 all the way, trust me. All without looking. I'm pretty proud of myself, given how directionally-challenged I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment